I’m actually not a LeBron James hater. I thought he had every right to “take his talents to South Beach”, although the extravagant manner in which he did it (and the flashy and foolish press conference/celebration in Miami) were a bit unwise. And his prediction that he would win at least eight championships was premature, to say the least.
So, I was more pulling for the Mavericks than against the Heat, but I have to say the jokes that have come out about LeBron have been entertaining. Here are some of my favorites.
12. Tomorrow is Lebron James day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.
11. What does LeBron James have in common with a fabric store? Neither carries any hardware.
10. Why didn’t LeBron James go to college? Because he can’t pass the finals.
9. If LeBron wanted a ring that bad, he should have stayed in Ohio and bought one from Terrell Pryor.
8. The new movie called “The Fourth” will star LeBron James as the Invisible Man.
7. Why did LeBron James get an automatic transmission in his Lamborghini? He’s not good in the clutch.
6. LeBron James is set to release his own line of headphones. The sound quality is amazing as it has no ring.
5. LeBron James was just traded to the Florida Panthers. He should be wildly successful, since in the NHL, there are only 3 periods.
4. What’s the difference between Saturn and LeBron James? They’re both big and full of gas, but at least Saturn has rings.
3. Why does LeBron only get served boneless buffalo wings? Because he has a tendency to choke.
2. Apple is coming out with a LeBron James iPhone. But it only vibrates because it has no rings.
1. No one ever asks LeBron James for change of a dollar. They know they won’t get a fourth quarter.
Sources: Mostly Twitter, but also various articles I’ve read over the last 36 hours…